Remember to reserve the space for your upcoming blood drive.
Date: Friday, June 4, 2021
Time: 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Location: Social Hall, first floor
Franklin Township Fire Co.
2440 Fairyland Rd.
Lehighton, PA 18235
Dear Neighbor a Fund Raiser Letters are coming out by mail, and it is genuinely from our Fire Franklin Twp Department. Than you for your support and donations.
Due to reasons regarding our small games of chance license we need to stop our online raffle fundraiser. We have 14 chances left for the $500.00 cash and 13 Chances left for the blackstone griddle. Once these are sold out we will be done util further notice.
We appreciate all your support as we continue to try and raise funds for our volunteer fire company.
Keep an eye on our website and Facebook page for upcoming events.
Click link below to purchase your chances:
Due to the impending bad weather forecast for Thursday, 2/18, bingo at the Franklin Twsp. Vol. Fire Co. in Lehighton has been CANCELLED. Plans are for bingo to reopen 2/25. Doors open 5PM, bingo starts at 6. See you then.
POSSIBLE SIGNIFICANT ICE STORM
Significant icing expected this evening through tomorrow.
If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency. Prepare for possible power outages.
* Stay away from downed power lines (treat all downed lines as live)
* Stay inside
* Have your emergency kit ready (Batteries, flashlights, enough food for a few days)
* Don't forget the bottled water!
Generator Safety Tips
* Operate it outdoors in an area with plenty of ventilation. Never run a generator in a home or garage. Generators give off deadly carbon monoxide. Be sure to have the generator AT LEAST twenty feet from a structure.
* Do not plug a generator into the wall to avoid back feed. Use heavy-duty extension cords to connect appliances to the outlets on the generator.
* Turn the generator on before plugging appliances to it. Once the generator is running, turn your appliances and lights on one at a time to avoid overloading the unit. Remember, generators are for temporary usage; prioritize your needs.
* Generators pose electrical risks, especially when operated in wet conditions. Use a generator only when necessary when the weather creates wet or moist conditions. Protect the generator by operating it under an open, canopy-like structure on a dry surface where water cannot form puddles or drain under it. Always ensure your hands are dry before touching the generator.
* Be sure the generator is turned off and cool before fueling it.
* Keep children and pets away from portable generators. Many generator components are hot enough to burn you during operation.
Portable back-up generators produce the poison gas carbon monoxide (CO). CO is an odorless, colorless gas that kills without warning. It claims the lives of hundreds of people every year and makes thousands more ill. Follow these steps to keep your family safe.
* Never use a generator inside your home or garage, even if doors and windows are open.
* Only use generators outside, more than 20 feet away from your home, doors, and windows.
* Install battery-operated or battery back-up CO detectors near every sleeping area in your home.
* Check CO detectors regularly to be sure they are functioning properly.
Below is a checklist provided by the American Red Cross for power outage preparedness.
2440 Fairyland Road, Lehighton, Pennsylvania 18235, United States
Copyright © 2021 Franklin Township Dist. 4 Volunteer Fire Co. - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by Franklin Fire Website Builder